A little more about Janeal

Most of her articles are about the experiences she been through, and her inspirations. Sat back and enjoy while you look through the pages of her blog. If you like this blog also check out Janeal's writing blog and Let of some steam blog by Janeal. Thanks

Thursday, June 24, 2010

How to Get The Boy Next Door

How to get the Boy next Door?
Well first my boy wasn't exactly next door he was more like across the alley. Actually it was my boy's parents who had moved into the house across the alley, my boy actually lived in another town. Daniel was a few years older then I was, and his younger sister had wanted to set him up with Marissa, my older sister.
Our families joined together one weekend for a barbeque, and Daniel had come to town so this was the perfect time to introduce him to 'the girl of his dreams', Alisa decided. Marissa thought the idea was a great one, but dinner changed all that. Daniel didn't exactly fit Marissa's idea of a handsome prince, and she wasn't what Daniel had envisioned as his ideal angel either.
Daniel took one look at Marissa's younger sister, and the rest of the day was a blur. To him she was more then the ideal, she was the exceptional angel that he had dreamed about over the years. Daniel asked his father about her, who was she, what was her name, and where did she come from?
His dad told him whom I was, but unfortunately I was already engaged to another man. Daniel didn't give up he came home more often, in fact he showed up every weekend. Daniel hoped that I would see the light and find him in spite of the other man.
My fiancé helped him out a lot in that aspect; within the next month my fiancé was truly history. He couldn't make up his mind on anything to do with our wedding. Then when he finally did figure something out, the something he figured out was that he was gay, and I didn't have the right parts to make him happy. Thank God. I was thrilled he figured that out at least before we were hitched.
So I was free, and wondering what the devil had happened to my life, and me. I spent a lot of time in a daze, then one night I went over to my parents' home and Alisa was there. She was looking for someone to go to a concert with her. My sister had turned her down, because she didn't like rock and roll music. So she asked if I would like the extra ticket.
Stay in town and watch the past year of my life float by before my eyes again for the hundredth time, or go to watch one of my favorite bands. I said thank you and I would love to go, after all I wasn't stupid. Daniel came in late Friday night. The next morning we packed up the car with drinks and eats, and then we headed to La Junta where we would pick up his best friend Steve. Steve climbed in and we were off again to Colorado Springs for the concert. By the time we had reached Rocky Ford both Alisa and Steve were asleep, and I was bored. I had sat in the back seat behind Daniel, and finally settled on putting my feet up on the back of his seat.
After singing along with all the songs on the radio, and still being bored I came up with a game I called irritate Daniel, the object of the game was to see how long it took him to catch my toes. Stupid yes but hey what's a girl to do when she half bored out of her mind. I would pinch his earlobe with my right foot's toe just before I would stick my big toe on my left foot in his other ear. Lets just say I figured out a totally different way to play footy.
We made it to the concert and went our separate ways until the band shut it down. We meet back at the fence we went into earlier. Spent the night camped out in the car in Manito Springs. The next day we messed around the springs, before we headed back to Lamar.

No comments: